Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Give.

So I fell off the map a little on what was to become a daily update of my adventure in a Google less web. I passed the shakes. I surmounted the mobile temptation and shunned the shiny familiar. That is until like a common addict I had just one try (it couldn’t hurt… Right?)

It started with the news. I have grown to love the constantly updated data fountain that is Google News. I tried using Yahoo news but nothing really changes. I tried using CNN and various print sources. It just didn’t cut it (twitter helped a little.) So I caved. I started using Google news again.

Next came finance. Oh Google finance how your beautiful graphs and lack of clutter does tempt me. Yahoo finance has it all but much more cluttered and with more extras that I just think get in the way. Strike two.

Then the flood gates opened and it was over. I became yet again another Google node. And even more true to a real addict I came back using even heavier than when I quit. I am using Google Chrome now!

But let’s back up a second here. I need to be perfectly clear. This is my problem not yours. While using Yahoo and Bing I was delighted by each of their features and results. When I truly needed something it was there to be found easily with each engine.

Let me stress this point. They are GREAT search engines. In my conclusion I would even say they are better search engines for the everyday user. I am unique because I am such a power user (which Google accommodates very nicely.) I found that while using Yahoo and Bing my internet consumption dropped by nearly 40%. This was particularly helpful in my productivity.

As a result of this test I can clearly say that Google is better suited for me; however, I highly suggest you take the time to figure this out for yourself. Do not search apathetically. Do not just start Googleing because it sounds so damn cool. (it sounds good right?) You need to look yourself in the mirror and say.


Yahoooooooo?


Bing goes the internet?




Or judge just base it off of who you this is a better rapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment